Salmonella Poisoning on Holiday


January 2014


Tanya, aged 37 years, was on holiday with her children in Turkey when she suffered salmonella poisoning as result of consuming a mushroom omelette.  She had to go to hospital for the removal of her gallbladder and has suffered continuing problems with her digestive system ever since.  The hotel operators while accepting liability did not initially take the matter seriously and offered £6,428 in settlement.  Court action was taken resulting in Tanya recovering compensation of £29,000.