In the News

January 2014

£1750 compensation for car cleaner

January 2014

Mark aged 28 years was a self-employed car cleaner and working in the car park when a reversed into him injuring his back.  He recovered compensation of £1750....

Read more

£1800 for building contractor

January 2014

Ken a building contractor aged 37 years was bicycling down a road in Bristol when he skidded on sand which had blown onto the road from some roadworks...

Read more

£2,000,000 for wife

January 2014

Eleanor who was in her early 50s was a very successful management consultant in partnership with her husband.  Unfortunately the marriage broke down and  there was significant dispute...

Read more

Cohabitees obtains significant share of former partner’s property

January 2014

Anneka who was in her mid-30s was in a long-term cohabitation arrangement which broke down leaving her in a house owned by her former cohabitee who demanded a...

Read more

Abuse in Detention Centre

January 2014

Reports of inmates being physically and sexually abused by staff in a detention centre in County Durham could give rise to multiple claims for compensation against the government. ...

Read more

Wills mix-up could open "floodgates" to litigation

January 2014

Supreme Court has decided that couples intended as should not be disinherited by a mixup in the signing of mirror Wills.  This could lead to individuals being entitled...

Read more

Pothole claims

January 2014

Recent reports report asserts that the West roads now as bad as Namibia's with councils pleading for cash for repairs.  Lyons can advise injury victims of pothole accidents...

Read more

Fall in Coffee Shop

January 2014

Margaret aged 64 years was visiting a coffee shop in Kingston upon Thames when she tripped up on two loose strips of rubber and fell suffering injuries to her back.  Initially...

Read more

Salmonella Poisoning on Holiday

January 2014

Tanya, aged 37 years, was on holiday with her children in Turkey when she suffered salmonella poisoning as result of consuming a mushroom omelette.  She had to go to hospital...

Read more